day 1

I've finally arrived in Melbourne.

Today's the first day and it's full of trepidation and hesitation.
I haven't had a chance to really look around the university but everything I've seen so far seems great, and everyone has been really nice. The residents in the hall I'm living in seem particularly so, as they call a 'hello' or 'hey' when I walk past.

What I'm most worried about is the initial awkwardness and making friends with the other students on campus, as I'm awfully shy when it comes to meeting strangers, a trait I wish to do without. Hopefully in the upcoming social events that have been organised both by the residential hall and the school for orientation will allow me to at least get a few new names in my contacts and I'll hopefully not be so lost.

I'm thankful that I at least have Janet to rely on in Melbourne, which would make exploring and familiarising myself with the city infinitely easier.

Tomorrow I'll probably go look around the campus I'm staying at and go to a shopping centre to stock up on some other necessities I missed during my initial shopping trip today. Today was so hectic that I wasn't able to take any nice photos of my surroundings, but I'll hopefully get to it tomorrow.

It still feels somewhat surreal that I'm going to be living alone for the next few years, and I'm worried but also excited for what the future may hold.

Tags:

Share:

0 comments